Veterans Day: A personal reflection

 Being so young and desperate to achieve, I took the advice of my pediatrician and friend 

Dr. Charles Wassermann.I went to school through an Air Force program. He was a legendary physician with another Herbert Rothschild in New Orleans circa ‘60s. Dr. Wassermann shared a valued story with me. He said the class of the military descended from heaven and empowered the other great branches that came before them. He admired both Army, Navy and Marines. 40 years later I had a conversation with him at a local bank one day and got to thank him for that advice. I mentioned I was able to retire with 5 years active duty and 15 in the reserves. We hugged and parted. When I heard of his passing years later I remember,


even today that empty feeling of loss. Today I am sure that feeling of loss is felt by so many who have lost love ones in combat from many wars and conflicts. My prayers and thoughts are with you as nothing can restore but  only mend.

God bless to all those living and remember those in their new home. It’s  thoughtful to thank a Veteran  for serving  but nothing like “Bless you for your service “ as it was God who put it in their heart to sacrifice for us all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Lab Results!

Second Sunday Of Advent