Election Day!

 It’s 3:42 am this Tuesday morning and my usual cup of CDM with fresh cream whisked couldn’t taste any better. It’s Election Day and soon I’ll begging my ritual for what is always a fun day. Packing a picnic of sorts to cover a 5:15(set-up) 6:00am-8:00pm shift. It reminds me of being in grade school for that day field trip. Away from the routine of life with unpredictable events ahead makes this day so special.

I never realized the accuracy and procedures that a Poll Commisioner is responsible tasked to do until I became one. Out team does this percussion like a skilled surgery team. Exhausted and refreshing at the end of the evening and of course 8:30 to 10:00pm watching the National results come in once home.

The highlight though is always seeing the same person at the door first each election to cast the first vote in our precinct. Well of course it’s the pastor of our parish church, all in black with his flag baseball cap.

We exchange pleasantries with mutual grins as I open the curtain to the machine and as I see him exit I wonder if Jesus ever voted. I guess one day I’ll get the result to that question.

K~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Lab Results!

Second Sunday Of Advent